[Samba] Almost all print driver uploads fail

Egerváry Gergely gergely+samba at egervary.hu
Mon Mar 4 23:11:41 UTC 2024

Hi,
> I might have an idea: Can you have a look in the printer mangement of
> your print server from the Windows side?
> In the driver section there should be a column "package". I presume
> the Kyocera driver has there a "true" present and all other printer
> drivers a "false"?

Unfortunately, the problem is that I cannot upload the drivers to the
print server, so there's nothing there - except the Kyocera KX driver.

FYI, all these drivers successfully upload via Print Management to a
"real" Windows Server 2019.

All of these drivers have "PackageAware=TRUE" in the .inf files.

> Then this should help you:
> https://community.spiceworks.com/t/do-you-trust-this-printer-print-driver-message/1011602
>

> I have another link, too, but it is in German:
> https://www.windows-faq.de/2017/05/19/point-and-print-probleme-bei-installation-von-druckertreibern-unter-windows-10/

These are about the trouble installing the driver on the client.

Thanks.