[Samba] Failed samba_kcc - NT_STATUS_IO_TIMEOUT

spindles seven spindles7 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 28 10:13:23 UTC 2024

On January 25, 2024 Elias Pereira wrote:

> hi,
>
> The error is consistently occurring across all four of my DCs.
>
> [2024/01/19 14:02:05.917120, 0]
> source4/dsdb/kcc/kcc_periodic.c:790(samba_kcc_done)
>   source4/dsdb/kcc/kcc_periodic.c:790: Failed samba_kcc -
> NT_STATUS_IO_TIMEOUT
>
> I configured logging to level 5 and observed DC1. No errors were detected; instead,
> kcc_periodic.c executed smoothly, and the system reported a successful outcome.
>
> [2024/01/19 16:04:30.732009, 3]
> ../../source4/dsdb/kcc/kcc_periodic.c:793(samba_kcc_done)
>   Completed samba_kcc OK
>
> What accounts for the disparity between running with and without the specified log
> level?
>
> # samba -V
> Version 4.19.3-Debian
>
> --
> Elias Pereira
> --

I am also getting this error on one of my DCs (Samba 4.19.4 running on a raspberry pi (aarch64) using Debian Bookworm) and this results in the samba-ad-dc service eventually being killed by the OOM daemon.   This also occurred with samba 4.19.3 but I don't think it was seen with 4.18.x.   No changes have been made to the DC's configuration since 4.18.x.   The other DC, running the same version of samba but on bare metal (amd64), doesn't suffer this problem.

Roy