[Samba] Failed samba_kcc - NT_STATUS_IO_TIMEOUT

Elias Pereira empbilly at gmail.com
Thu Jan 25 18:50:59 UTC 2024

hi,

The error is consistently occurring across all four of my DCs.

[2024/01/19 14:02:05.917120, 0]
source4/dsdb/kcc/kcc_periodic.c:790(samba_kcc_done)
  source4/dsdb/kcc/kcc_periodic.c:790: Failed samba_kcc -
NT_STATUS_IO_TIMEOUT

I configured logging to level 5 and observed DC1. No errors were detected;
instead, kcc_periodic.c executed smoothly, and the system reported a
successful outcome.

[2024/01/19 16:04:30.732009, 3]
../../source4/dsdb/kcc/kcc_periodic.c:793(samba_kcc_done)
  Completed samba_kcc OK

What accounts for the disparity between running with and without the
specified log level?

# samba -V
Version 4.19.3-Debian

--