[Samba] Order of getpwnam call in Get_Pwnam_internals.

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Thu Jan 25 15:41:43 UTC 2024

On Thu, 25 Jan 2024 21:50:41 +0800
hhyy ww via samba <samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:

> My system is not only for CIFS/SMB/domain features , sometime I need
> to disable DC so I have to keep local user in /etc/passwd.

I suggest you do some more investigation about running an AD DC, you
aren't supposed to turn it off and why would you ??

Why do you have to disable the DC, you can make all the AD users into
local Unix users.

If you need two separate computers, then it sounds like you need to run
a DC on one machine and the standalone server on another, these
could be VMs.

Rowland