[Samba] Samba 4.20rc3 does not build on macOS

itdept_head itdept_head at grown-up.com
Thu Feb 29 03:03:19 UTC 2024

On 29/2/2024, 10:41 AM, "samba on behalf of Thomas Tempelmann via samba" <samba-bounces at lists.samba.org <mailto:samba-bounces at lists.samba.org> on behalf of samba at lists.samba.org <mailto:samba at lists.samba.org>> wrote:

Hi, I am new here.

I just tried to build it Samba 4.20rc3 because I would like to use the "wspsearch" on macOS. (I also built it first on Debian 12.5, which worked fine.)

However, ./configure aborts:

> Checking for getrandom : not found
> Checking for program 'pkg-config' : not found
> Checking for GnuTLS >= 3.7.2 : not found
> The configuration failed
> (complete log in /Volumes/Data/Downloads/samba-4.20.0rc3/bin/config.log)

I suspect that's a known issue (I guess "macOS is unsupported").

Does anyone on the list have a solution for making it build on macOS, though? I only need the wspsearch tool, maybe just for that?

Regards,
Thomas Tempelmann
http://apps.tempel.org <http://apps.tempel.org>