[Samba] Samba, Kerberos, Autofs: Shares get disconnected

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Wed Feb 28 15:47:14 UTC 2024

On Wed, 28 Feb 2024 16:32:57 +0100
"Pluess, Tobias via samba" <samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:

> Hi Rowland,
>
> unfortunately, the DCs in use are Windows Servers, and furthermore, I
> don't have access rights. I just have the right to join computers.
> So therefore, I cannot run code on them, unfortunately! :-(
> Maybe this is the reason why it does not work properly for me?
> because the Windows AD DC is not working as expected?

It shouldn't matter what the DCs are, kerberos should work the same. I
am just using two Samba AD DCs because they are the only computers that
run 24/7 here.

I will setup the computer I am typing this on (which is turned off
overnight) to mount the share at boot and see if it mounts at boot
tomorrow. I will carry out the same procedure I used on the DC client.

Rowland