[Samba] Cannot enable multichannel

芥川龙之介 himeno.senaa at gmail.com
Tue Feb 20 03:43:16 UTC 2024

Hi!
I am trying to enable multi-channel when the NIC support RSS(Receive Side
Scaline) .

I use tcpdump and wireshark to record packet that send by smbclient and
windows 11 client.

There is no multi-channel phenomenon when using smbclient, but when using
the windows client, I observed that the samba server opened an extra port
to transmit data. I think this is the phenomenon of multi-channel enabled.

May I ask why smbclient cannot enable multi-channel?

Samba version is 4.15.13-Ubuntu

smb.conf in server:

[global]
   workgroup = MYGROUP
   server string = Samba Server
   server role = standalone server
   disable netbios = yes
   smb ports = 445
   dns proxy = no
   log level = 10
   server min protocol = SMB3
   server multi channel support = yes
   interfaces = "ip1;speed=1000000000,capability=RSS"
"ip2;speed=1000000000,capability=RSS"
[share]
   path = /home/me/share
   read only = no