[Samba] Preventing output line wrap in samba-tool user getpassword/syncpasswords

Reese Wang thuwrx10 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 28 17:00:10 UTC 2023

Hi,

I'm writing a script to sync user password hashes to an OpenLDAP
database. The samba-tool command gives virtualCryptSHA256 attribute
like this:

virtualCryptSHA256:
{CRYPT}$5$jfIaNIFUxBajaeTJ$4otg/85.oycDmC7TR3R5MPN/L/j7byW (new line
here)
 r.C0wlKYOgMA

The line break and the extra space at the beginning of the second line
add some complexity to my script. So I wonder if it is possible to
make samba-tool output an attribute on a single line.