[Samba] new DC preparation, nslookup and dig errors

Luis Peromarta lperoma at icloud.com
Tue Sep 26 09:51:49 UTC 2023

If I understand correctly, you are trying to connect to the dns server in your new DC ?

Your new DC is not a DC until you join. If you don’t join you don’t get dns records. Let alone, if samba-ad-dc is not running, dns server is not running - hence the timeout.

Try :

samba.bigbird.es/doku.php?id=samba:aditional-dc