[Samba] Renaming a domain

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Sun Sep 24 20:52:52 UTC 2023

On Sun, 2023-09-24 at 22:46 +0200, Adnan RIHAN via samba wrote:
> Le 24/09/2023 à 22:34, Rowland Penny via samba a écrit :
> > Yes it is pretty straightforward and it straightforwardly says at
> > the
> > top (in a warning box) 'Although Samba has a domain rename tool, it
> > currently does not support renaming a production domain for long-
> > term
> > use.'
>
> I get it.
>
> Can you explain me the part where it can be used to run an alternate
> temporary domain at the same time to troubleshoot the production one
> please? Does it work by joining the alternate domain's DC to the main
> DC? How to use the alternate domain while troubleshooting the main
> one, as users are joined to a specific domain.

https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Create_a_samba_lab-domain

Andrew Bartlett

Samba Team Lead                https://catalyst.net.nz/services/samba
Catalyst.Net Ltd

Proudly developing Samba for Catalyst.Net Ltd - a Catalyst IT group
company

Samba Development and Support: https://catalyst.net.nz/services/samba

Catalyst IT - Expert Open Source Solutions