[Samba] ubuntu same samba 4.18.6 an two DCs but different samba services

Frank frank at si.ct.upc.edu
Fri Sep 15 07:59:28 UTC 2023

Francesc Bassas Serramià
Serveis Informàtics Campus Terrassa
C/ Colom 2
08222 Terrassa (Barcelona)
Telèfon : 93.73.98630
https://serveis.terrassa.upc.edu/sict

Hello,

we have samba 4.18.6 with AD and using two ubuntu 22.04 servers as DC's
Our repositories are
https://ppa.launchpadcontent.net/linux-schools/samba-latest/ubuntu/

Usually, as they are DCs, the only samba service running was just
"samba-ad-dc.service"

But, perhaps due to an update, we realized that in one of them the samba
service running now is "samba4.service" and "samba-ad-dc.service" is masked.

We don't know why this has happened and why just in only one of the DCs,
as we apply the same updates at the same time in both.

Is anybody in the same situation or does anybody have an explanation for
that? Is there any way to switch between service used?

Thank in advance.

--
Aquest missatge ha estat escanejat per trobar-hi virus i
contingut perillós per MailScanner i es