[Samba] 'samba-tool user syncpasswords' in shape in recent samba?!

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Thu Sep 14 20:09:56 UTC 2023

On Thu, 2023-09-14 at 13:32 +0200, Marco Gaiarin via samba wrote:
> I'm planning some upgrade, and in my domain i use heavily the feature
> as
> subject, explained here:
>

> https://dev.tranquil.it/wiki/SAMBA_-_Synchronisation_des_mots_de_passe_entre_un_Samba4_et_une_OpenLDAP
>

> (en francaise ;-).
>

> I see on wiki some info until samba 4.9 (that currently i use); it is
> feture based on python code, AFAIK, and after 4.9 there was the move
> python 3.
>

> It is still in good shape on modern samba version? Someone here still
> use it
> here?

Like most Samba features, and pretty much all new features introduced
since Samba 4.0.0, this feature came with a comprehensive testsuite, so
I'm confident it still works.

Andrew,

Samba Team Lead                https://catalyst.net.nz/services/samba
Catalyst.Net Ltd

Proudly developing Samba for Catalyst.Net Ltd - a Catalyst IT group
company

Samba Development and Support: https://catalyst.net.nz/services/samba

Catalyst IT - Expert Open Source Solutions