[Samba] 'samba-tool user syncpasswords' in shape in recent samba?!

Niumar André Klein niumar at solis.com.br
Thu Sep 14 14:07:46 UTC 2023

Hello Marco and members!

I'm using this feature on Debian 12 with samba 4.17.
The reason I'm using it is to sync my Samba AD user database with Google Workspace through GCDS.
I have to include/edit a new password attribute in samba LDAP whenever a user changes his password to be synchronized to Workspace.
This tutorial you mentioned I also followed, but I have some problems with the python code that I adapted to my needs.

It's working fine.

Regards,
Niumar

I'm planning some upgrade, and in my domain i use heavily the feature as
subject, explained here:

	https://dev.tranquil.it/wiki/SAMBA_-_Synchronisation_des_mots_de_passe_entre_un_Samba4_et_une_OpenLDAP

(en francaise ;-).

I see on wiki some info until samba 4.9 (that currently i use); it is a
feture based on python code, AFAIK, and after 4.9 there was the move to
python 3.

It is still in good shape on modern samba version? Someone here still use it
here?

Thanks.

--
  Non mi importa del petrolio, saro` un vile, un anormale
  ma questa volta alle Crociate