[Samba] Question about silos and Authentication policies

Rob van der Linde rob at catalyst.net.nz
Mon Oct 30 23:43:29 UTC 2023

I was playing around again with Windows and when you add members to
silos, or remove them, it should not set/unset assigned silo on the user.

So I've got a new pull request in Draft state still where I remove that
functionality, as well as add some new commands to samba-tool user command.

It turned out to be easier to add sub commands to user, as edit user
wasn't quite what I thought it was and I had realised that after writing
my last email.

samba-tool user auth silo assign/remove/view
samba-tool user auth policy assign/remove/view

I probably completely have the wording wrong still, I'm going to look at
using the same wording as Windows does so please consider this PR a
draft only. I'm having a look at the Windows tooling in detail now.