[Samba] Set same TLS Root CA cert on all Samba DC's?

Norbert Hanke norbert.hanke at gmx.ch
Wed Oct 25 15:53:19 UTC 2023

The clean way is you will have your own CA issue those certificates, and
have that CA added to the trust stores of all systems.

The certificate for a DC will typically have a CN with the fully
qualified domain name of that particular DC, and a 2 Subject Alternative
Names: one with the FQDN of the DC and one with the FQDN of the AD domain.

That way you can use it for both ldaps to the DC or ldaps to the domain
(the latter will DNS-resolve to one of the DCs).

regards,
Norbert