[Samba] Question about silos and Authentication policies

Stefan Kania stefan at kania-online.de
Fri Oct 20 17:57:17 UTC 2023

Now I created a policy with:

---------
samba-tool domain auth policy create --enforce --name winclient-pol
---------

and a silo with:

---------
samba-tool domain auth silo create --enforce --name=winclient-silo

The I add the following objects to the silo
---------
samba-tool domain auth silo member add --name=winclient-silo --member=padmin

samba-tool domain auth silo member add --name=winclient-silo
--member=winclient\$
---------

Then assigning the policy to the silo with:

samba-tool domain auth silo modify --name=winclient-silo
--policy=winclient-pol

The next step would be to assign the silo to the user and the host, but
I don't see any option in "samba-tool domain auth ..." to do this. The
same with adding the host to the policy.

On a windows-System I would do this with "ADAC" But I can't use it with
a samba-DC.

Is there a way to do it with samba-tool, or any other tool?