[Samba] Question about silos and Authentication policies

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Thu Oct 19 21:42:58 UTC 2023

We are writing a set of command line tools to provide the
administration.

It would be great to see someone want to take up implementing/funding
the ADWS server, but for now we hope the command-line clients will be
enough.

Please do try them out and give feedback.  The current effort is at
this MR:

https://gitlab.com/samba-team/samba/-/merge_requests/3325

Andrew Bartlett

On Thu, 2023-10-19 at 15:09 +0200, Stefan Kania via samba wrote:
> 	Error verifying signature: parse error
>
> --------------ms020002050408010000020809
>
> I looked around a little bit, but as far as I can see, at the moment
> it's not possible to use auth-policies and silos with Samba-DCs only.
> So
> I need at least one Windows DC :-(
>
> Am 19.10.23 um 11:48 schrieb Stefan Kania via samba:
> > Do you know wich of the RSAT I need to use to manage auth-policies
> > and
> > silos. With samba-tool I can't assign users and hosts to the
> > policies. I
> > can only create, delete, list and view policies and silos
> >

> > Am 19.10.23 um 09:03 schrieb Daniel Müller via samba:
> > > Hello,
> > >
> > > You cannot use Active Directory Administrativ Center because
> > > samba has
> > > no ADWS implented.
> > > There where efforts and but ADWS did no reach production status.
> > > think Catalyst, Andrew Bartlett tried someting, did not finish
> > > it.
> > > Yes you need to use the old RSAT.
> > >
> > > Gretings
> > > Daniel
> > >

> > > EDV Daniel Müller
> > >
> > > Leitung EDV
> > > Tropenklinik Paul-Lechler-Krankenhaus

Samba Team Lead                https://catalyst.net.nz/services/samba
Catalyst.Net Ltd

Proudly developing Samba for Catalyst.Net Ltd - a Catalyst IT group
company

Samba Development and Support: https://catalyst.net.nz/services/samba

Catalyst IT - Expert Open Source Solutions