[Samba] Crash on stat() fail with fsp_flags.fstat_before_close

Ralph Boehme slow at samba.org
Wed Oct 4 13:28:00 UTC 2023

On 10/4/23 13:43, Ratna Bolla (rbolla) via samba wrote:
> fd_close() does not reset fsp->fd to -1, if vfs_stat_fsp() call fails for any reason.
> This leads to crash when fd_handle_destructor() is called.

as pointed out in a private conversation: we have a patch sitting on
Jeremy's laptop. To be honest, I already forgot about the details, just
remember sitting together with Jeremy banging our heads against this for
2-3 ours until we found the root cause. Iirc what's missing is a test
for CI and due to lack of time, this is still sitting in the backlog.

Cheers!
-slow

--
Ralph Boehme, Samba Team                      https://samba.org/