[Samba] Moving a AD DC from one network to another

Paul Littlefield info at paully.co.uk
Tue Nov 21 16:06:26 UTC 2023

I have 2 AD DCs at an office location (A) with 1 of them as FSMO.

I now have a second office location (B) and are experiencing issues with Windows client logons at (B) because both DCs are in location (A) - coming through the IPSec site-to-site VPN.

Is it possible to move one AD DC from one network to another?

130.130.0.218/16  -->  172.16.1.218/16

... or, is it better to set up a fresh AD DC at location (B) ?

Are there any issues with both of them talking to each other and which should I set for the FSMO role?

Thank you, as always.

:-)

Paully