[Samba] understanding stat cache

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Mon Nov 13 15:17:52 UTC 2023

On Mon, 13 Nov 2023 14:54:11 +0000
Ulrich Sibiller <ulrich.sibiller at eviden.com> wrote:

> Rowland Penny wrote:
>
> > Without knowing how you are running Samba, it is a bit hard to
> > comment
>
> What exactly would be of interest regarding "how I run Samba"?

I do not really know, mainly because I have no idea just how you are
running Samba. You could be running it as a standalone server, Unix
domain member, a DC, or something else.

> > , but what I can say is, version 4.10.16 is ancient from the Samba
> > point of view, it is no longer supported directly by Samba. Perhaps
> > trying a much later version might help.
>
> Yeah, but it complicates things as 4.10.16 is the Redhat version. So
> I was trying to avoid using another version. But I will see If I can
> make it run.

That is the joy of running RHEL, it is stable for a reason, the reason
has something to do with the software being old and tested, which is
okay, until something like your problem occurs. You may need something
fixing that has already been fixed in a later version.

Rowland