[Samba] Unable to write to share having same name as directory?

John Klimek jklimek at gmail.com
Fri Nov 10 17:41:49 UTC 2023

Thanks again so much for the help and for testing.  I'm really confused
though.  I'm wondering if my ZFS mounts are causing the problem?

I've created three test shares:

[console]
path = /stuff/console
read only = No

[documents]
path = /stuff/documents
read only = No

[something]
path = /stuff/something
read only = No

...and here are the permissions:

drwxrwxrwx  2 root root 4096 Nov 10 12:31 console/
drwxrwxrwx  2 root root 4096 Nov 10 12:33 documents/
drwxrwxrwx  3 root root 4096 Nov 10 12:36 something/

The only one that allows me to write files is the something folder.  That's
also the only name that doesn't exist on ZFS.  Here are the ones that do
exist:

storage/console on /storage/console type zfs (rw,noatime,xattr,posixacl)
storage/documents on /storage/documents type zfs (rw,noatime,xattr,posixacl)

Does that provide any clues or make any sense?