[Samba] Rocky linux 9 - Samba AD

Nico Kadel-Garcia nkadel at gmail.com
Fri Jun 23 10:03:52 UTC 2023

Morning, Metin:

If you need current releases of Samba for RHEL 8 or RHEL 9 equivalent
systems, I publish RPM building toolkits at:

     https://github.com/nkadel/samba4repo/

For a while, it got weird. Red Hat was perniciously refusing to
publish the "devel" parts of certain RPMs, even though used in house
to build Samba RPMs.  Someone changed policy, and now they're in the
"Code Ready Builder" channel or even in EPEL. It also has gotten weird
for Samba 4.18, which has dependencies on updated libldb and other
Samba repository published libraries. Building and installing RPMs for
those updates would conflict with sssd, which is woven pretty deep
into current RHEL releases. But Samba can be built with its own
internal libraries. My tools also use the Heimdal kerberos published
with Samba, rather than the experimental support for MIT Kerberos
enabled in RHEL published Samba packages.

And because I'm like that, I created an "nkadel-rocky" branch for and
did a test build, with the Rocky  based configuration of "mock".
Enjoy.

Nico Kadel-Garcia