[Samba] Internal DNS issue

Simone Natoli s.natoli at siinfo.eu
Tue Jun 20 17:10:48 UTC 2023

Hello,

we are a company of 25 people and we use Samba AD for User, Pc and Server Management.

We have a replica 2 of Samba AD Version 4.15.13-Ubuntu on Ubuntu 22.04.2 LTS (Jammy Jellyfish).

All works fine but we have some problem with DNS resolution, i explain:

If
 we use a vpn on one of our PCs, and that vpn is connected to a network with
domain test.local, we cannot resolve the test.local addresses because
the internal DNS of our Samba AD return that he has no record and kill the
connection (not allowing to search in the other interface). If we change the metric of the interfaces (WiFi and VPN),
the DNS work well (the test.local DNS allow to query our DNS server for
our domain and we can resolve also test.local).

What can we do for the resolution of this problem?

Thank you
Non stampare questa e-mail. Questo documento è esclusivamente per il destinatario. Tutte le informazioni ivi contenute, compresi eventuali allegati, sono da ritenersi esclusivamente confidenziali e riservati secondo i termini del vigente D.Lgs. 196/2003 in materia di privacy e del Regolamento europeo 679/2016 – GDPR- e quindi ne è proibita l’utilizzazione ulteriore non autorizzata. Se avete ricevuto per errore questo messaggio, Vi preghiamo cortesemente di contattare immediatamente il mittente e cancellare l'e-mail. Grazie.

Please don’t print this e-mail. Confidentiality Notice – This e-mail message including any attachments is for the sole use of the intended recipient and may contain confidential and privileged information pursuant to Legislative Decree 196/2003 and the European General Data Protection Regulation 679/2016 – GDPR-. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message.