[Samba] File timestamp issue

Ralph Boehme slow at samba.org
Tue Jun 20 07:44:09 UTC 2023

On 6/20/23 08:22, Anders Östling via samba wrote:
> Thanks for the tip, but i have tried that too. No go.
> The only thing right now that works is to omit S from /COPY:DATSO, ie skip
> security descriptors. Makes no sense but that's what I have found out after
> dozens of tests.

well, likely the ACL is different on the target on the server after it
has been set by the client compared to the source so robocopy thinks
it's modified when it does the next run. Digging into a network trace
comparing source and dest ACL, comparing to the same scenario against
the Windows server where it works seems to be the next logical step.

-slow

--
Ralph Boehme, Samba Team                 https://samba.org/
SerNet Samba Team Lead      https://sernet.de/en/team-samba