[Samba] SaMBa 4.16.4 adds users to ACLs as groups

Tamás Németh nt1277 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 15 15:18:28 UTC 2023

Thank you for the answer.

 I understand that default (POSIX) ACLs will lead to similar results, but
the parent directory of this file had no default ACL, and when opening its
properties / security dialog I also don't see any inheritance specified.
However I can accept that SaMBa works this way and I can even see that Word
did some deliberate ACL manipulation, but this "piling up" of ACL
information doesn't happen either on a native Windows file server or with
vfs_acl_xattr. And at least partially this may be the reason why using
POSIX ACLs with SaMBa is deprecated :-(

Best regards,

Tamás

Christian Naumer <christian.naumer at greyfish.net> ezt írta (időpont: 2023.