[Samba] Samba Mailing Lists: How to talk Samba nicely

Jakob Curdes jc at info-systems.de
Wed Jun 14 07:47:00 UTC 2023

> On 13/06/2023 22:09, Jakob Curdes via samba wrote:
>>
>> Hi Rowland, all,
>>
>> you can read about the ubuntu systemd-resolved here:
>>
>> https://manpages.ubuntu.com/manpages/impish/man8/systemd-resolved.service.8.html
>>

>> But I tend to deactivate it and turn to the classical setup with
>> /etc/resolv.conf .
>>
>> This can be done by setting
>>
>>   DNSStubListener=no
>>
>> in
>>   /etc/systemd/resolved.conf
>>
>> and removing the symlink, replacing it with a traditional resolv.conf
>> file.
>>
>> You then also  should disable the stub resolver:
>>
>> systemctl disable --now  systemd-resolved
>>
>> Hope this helps, Jakob
>>

> Thanks for that Jakob.
> So it sounds like this is a known problem with Ubuntu 22.04 ?
> Is there a Ubuntu bug open for it ?
>
> Rowland

Hello Rowland, all,

I do not think there is a bug. You can enter a search domain manually in
/etc/systemd/resolved.conf with the "Domains=" field.
Ubuntu should also pickup a dhcp "Domain" field when it is running
systemd-resolved, otherwise it obviously won't.
If it does not, check what your router sends in DHCP.
In my scenarios, we run servers in networks with dedicated nameservers,
so we do not need a local stub resolver and just deactivate it.

Regards, Jakob

https://askubuntu.com/questions/1072099/how-do-i-set-the-search-path-for-systemd-resolved