[Samba] GPO on a DC

L. van Belle belle at samba.org
Fri Jun 24 07:29:05 UTC 2022

Just wondering here.

Dit you check you A/PTR records  of that new joined server.
and, did you configure the start order of the services, especially if you
use bind_DLZ

In that case.
systemctl edit bind9
add:

[Service]
# Disable reloading completely.
ExecReload=
# Or set it to restart, above line is needed also,
# so if needed only enable one below here.
#ExecReload=/usr/sbin/rndc restart

systemctl edit samba-ad-dc

add :
[Unit]
After=network.target network-online.target bind9.service named.service

# These below might not be needed anymore.
[Service]
NotifyAccess=all

systemctl daemon-reload
systemctl stop samba-ad-dc bind9
systemctl start samba-ad-dc bind9

check logs, reboot, let us know the result.

Greetz,

Louis