[Samba] GPO on a DC

samba-ml-en samba-ml-en at protonmail.com
Thu Jun 23 15:28:30 UTC 2022

Hi David,

I performed some more testing with an almost bare bone DC, same result, then out of curiosity, I added another samba DC and a samba member server to the domain. I get exactly the same result on all machines. I added an extra windows 11, this one is getting GPOs.

Then I rebuilt a new DC, this time manually with samba-tool domain join (not passing it any parameter), and I still get the same result

No I lean towards an issue with the client part of samba, but which.... I don't know, my knowledge of samba's inner workings is unfortunately not that great.

Eric