[Samba] Some mounted drives using GPO are not showed

Daniel Carrasco d.carrasco at i2tic.com
Wed Oct 11 08:52:45 UTC 2017

I answer inline.

>:

> It really helps if you tell your..
>
> OS = ?

The DC OS is Debian 8, and the Shares are on Debian 9 server.

> Samba version = ?

Samba DC 4.7, and Samba 4.5.8 on shares server.

> Windows client are ?

I think that all problematic computers are Windows 10, but maybe some
Windows 7 computers too. The computers are always the same, so looks like
is not a Domain, GPO or shares problem.

> Windows event logs messages ? ( event ids? )

Just now I don't have any Windows log, but I've checked the gporesult and
all GPO are applied correctly.

> And please show the smb.conf that may help also.

The smb.conf is very long, and also i don't think that will be the problem
because all shares are working fine using an init script with a lot of "net
use letter: \\server\share". The problem started using GPO and only on some
computers.

> Also you can try the following, rightklik on "network locations"
> Choose disconnect network drive, and select all problem drive letters, en
> disconnect.
>
> Logout, ( preffered, reboot the pc ), login again.
> Did it work?

Also tried, but the problematic drives are not always the same so when I
reboot maybe all drives are there or maybe the problematic drives are other.

> Greetz,
>
> Louis

Also I forgot to say that I'm creating a new member server with DC security
instead IP security. That server is using Debian 8 with Samba 4.2 as member
server and the shares that I've on that server also fails sometimes on the
problematic clients. On other clients works perfectly.

Thanks!!

      Daniel Carrasco Marín
      Ingeniería para la Innovación i2TIC, S.L.
      Tlf:  +34 911 12 32 84 Ext: 223
      www.i2tic.com