[cifs-protocol] [MS-ADTS] Procedure for setting msDS-ManagedPasswordId attribute

Joseph Sutton jsutton at samba.org
Mon Nov 27 22:53:31 UTC 2023

Hi dochelp,

The calculation of the msDS-ManagedPassword attribute depends upon the
values of two other important attributes, namely msDS-ManagedPasswordId
and msDS-ManagedPasswordPreviousId. I can’t find any documentation on
how these two attributes are to be set initially (on the creation of a
Group Managed Service Account), nor on how and when they are
subsequently to be updated.

Are you able to give me any information on the procedure by which these
attributes are assigned values? — Are they supposed to be updated
periodically?

Regards,
Joseph