Urgent >> Aironet 350 pci card on LInux

Joel joelsolanki at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 13 19:57:28 EST 2003

Hi Wireless Friends,

I am facing this problem from last 5 days.
I have cisco aironet 350 series pci card.
I just do insmod airo  and it loads the driver.
I am using this two operating system.
Redhat 9.0
Slackware 8.1

First I use redhat. I can establish the link
correctly.
i have done the following commands.

iwconfig eth2 mode managed
iwconfig eth2 nick test
iwconfig eth2 essid wireless
iwconfig eth2 rate 1M

After doing this commands in redhat My linux client
connects to accesspoint.
but it ping the accesspoint in 6 ms 10 ms sometimes it
goes to 1000 ms tooo.
then after some time it stops pinging.
i cant get connect to accesspoint.
This is due to frequency problem.
how do i change the frequency of my card.????????

i have done iwconfig eth2 channel 07
            iwconfig eth2 channel 11
            iwconfig eth2 channel 13

i have done all the frequency....but the ping time
doesnt change....
when i see the status by doing iwconfig eth2

Wavelan  NWID:1234  Frequency:2.422GHz  Sensitivity:4
          Link quality:15/15  Signal level:22/63
Noise level:0/63
          Rx invalid nwid:181  invalid crypt:0
invalid misc:0

main problem is FREQUENCY .. 2.422GHz ...even though i
change the channels the frequency option is still not
changing ...
i want the frequency to be 2.457 GHz   ...how do i
i m facing this problem on both redhat 9.0 and
slackware 8.1

what do i do?

help me..
any help will really greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Joel