[Samba] winbind warnings filling up syslog

HASM samba at martins.cc
Mon Feb 1 17:50:48 UTC 2016

rpenny> OK, based on the fact you are running Fedora and
rpenny> have virtually have no winbind lines in smb.conf,

Seems I cut off my smb.conf short.  I do have these two
lines that may be winbind related:

  idmap config * : backend = tdb
  idmap config * : range = 1000-199999

rpenny> you are probably running sssd.

Great, another daemon to read about in my spare time:-).
I've been ignoring that thing since it showed up.

rpenny> In which case, you could try turning winbind off

I stopped and disabled sssd instead, then restarted smb,
nmb, winbind, and already have a couple of winbindd warning
lines in the logs:

  winbindd:  ads_find_dc: name resolution for realm 'XXX.CO'
    (domain 'XXX_01') failed: NT_STATUS_NO_LOGON_SERVERS

-- HASM