[Samba] Wiki news: Build Samba, Join DCs

Steve Ankeny steve_a at cinergymetro.net
Tue Sep 29 17:09:58 UTC 2015

On 09/27/2015 05:48 AM, Marc Muehlfeld wrote:
> Hello,
>
> during the last week I finished two documentation:
>
> * https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Build_Samba_from_source
>    This page wasn't more than just a "configure/make/make install"
>    before. I hope it's now a good guide with some background
>    information.
>
> *
> https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Join_an_additional_Samba_DC_to_an_existing_Active_Directory
>    Major rewrite with more information, etc.
>    Thanks to Rowland for proofreading.
>

> + some minor edits here and there. :-)
>

> Regards,
> Marc

Thanks so much for these documentations, as they've helped me
troubleshoot my Samba AD DC

I have some questions regarding,
"Join_an_additional_Samba_DC_to_an_existing_Active_Directory"

(1) I'm using Samba AD DC only, not Microsoft Active Directory

(2) I'm configuring a second DC

(3) Kerberos was not working properly on my first DC but now is

(4) And, DNS/Kerberos is working properly on my second DC

(5) As I understand it, the Samba AD DC packages are to be installed
BEFORE the join

(6) However, I am unclear whether I am to provision my second DC before
the join

(7) Or, does the join finish the provision for me?

Note to Rowland -- Because Kerberos was not working properly on my
first/original DC, could that be the problem with OpenChange shutting
down my Samba AD DC?  You're aware of my struggle in that regard.

thx so much