[Samba] samba4 and terminalserver licensing

Martin Feldbacher martin.feldbacher at stegbauer.info
Wed Feb 4 03:43:38 MST 2015

Hi,

I'm using three Windows Server 2012R1 (1x Terminalserver-License-Server+Citrix Studio, 2x Terminalserver-Sessionhosts+Citrix VDA) and a debian Server with samba4 running on.
I used the following How-To:
http://blog.virtualarchitect.nl/2014/01/how-to-configure-rds-2012-licensing-in-a-citrix-xendesktop-7-scenario/comment-page-1/#comment-24342

But the two Terminalserver-Sessionhosts are not using the Terminalserver-License-Server for licensing and I don't know why.
I already acitvated the RDP-CALs on the License-Server, and set the correct GPO entries to tell the Terminalserver-Sessionhosts to use the License-Server for licensing (I've tried hostname, ip, fqdn), and I already put the Terminalserver-Sessionhosts zu the local group "RDS-Endpointserver". The GPO settings are assumed (checked registry on the terminalservers).

The following roles and features are installed on my windows servers:
terminalserver-license-server: Remotedesktop-licensing, Remotedesktop-Sessionhost, IIS, RSAT-Tools
terminalserver1: Remotedestkop-Sessionhost, RSAT-Tools
terminalserver2: Remotedestkop-Sessionhost, RSAT-Tools

I've also tried to delete the test-license registry-key as written in the How-To, but nothing changed.
All three Windows Servers are members of the samba4 domain.

Does anybody has an similar setup working ? Need help

BR, martin