[Samba] Upgrading from Samba 4.0.1 to 4.1.6

Marc Muehlfeld samba at marc-muehlfeld.de
Sat Mar 15 19:44:55 MDT 2014

Am 16.03.2014 02:32, schrieb Jason Waters:
> Got a little further.  I removed the pem files and then the one(PDC)
> started and stayed working.  The BDC did not.  I got this when I grep the
> log file.
>
> root at fsZZ:/usr/local/samba-4.1.6/var# grep error log.samba

Please empty your logs, start samba and then have a look at _all_ the
messages are shown. Only with the lines containing the word "error" in
lower cases it would be very hard to help.

What do you mean with "one(PDC) started and stayed working. The BDC did
not." What is not working? Are all processes running? If not, which is
missing? It Samba listening on all ports it should? If not, which ports
are not listening? ....

Btw: You said you have a Samba AD, then you don't have PDC/BDCs. You
have Domain Controllers. Please use this term, as PDC/BDC indicate that
you're running a NT4-style domain. This confuses, as for a Samba4
NT4-style domain you have to do different steps than for an AD DC.

Regards,
Marc