[Samba] samba-tool join domain fails

Gregory Sloop gregs at sloop.net
Wed Sep 25 13:35:22 MDT 2013

Top posting:

In resolv.conf - remove any DNS servers other than the AD one.
Is the AD server actually responding to DNS queries from the S4 box?

I have not followed this thread carefully, so my suggestion could
easily be wrong - but DNS from the real AD controller is *really*
important, and IMO, it shouldn't be getting answers from ANY other
servers. [And you should be *sure* it really IS getting answers,
rather than a refusal.]

-Greg

A> Rowland Penny schrieb:

>>> Look at my code. Im running with root. getfacls shows:
>>>
>>> root at samba-dc1:/# getfacl /var/lib/samba/private/sam.ldb
>>> getfacl: Removing leading '/' from absolute path names
>>> # file: var/lib/samba/private/sam.ldb
>>> # owner: root
>>> # group: root
>>> user::rw-
>>> group::---

--
Gregory Sloop, Principal: Sloop Network & Computer Consulting
Voice: 503.251.0452 x82
EMail: gregs at sloop.net
http://www.sloop.net
---