[Samba] Problem to demote Samba4 DC

Davy HUBERT davy.hubert at univ-montp3.fr
Tue Sep 24 08:50:29 MDT 2013

Hi Greg,

Thank you for your answer.

Yes, I installed the dns service in the same time I promoted the windows
server.
When I checked the windows dns, it seemed to be well populated but there
maybe some deep record that I missed.

So, when I tried to stop samba windows used it's own dns server.

Is there any known issues with the dns replication between Samba4 and
Windows ?

Best regards,

Davy HUBERT
DSI/SMI - Unité Systèmes