[Samba] smbd 3.6.9-151 Red Hat EL 6 crashes from time to time

Marc Muehlfeld samba at marc-muehlfeld.de
Fri Sep 20 14:36:45 MDT 2013

Hello Götz,

Am 20.09.2013 08:54, schrieb Götz Reinicke - IT Koordinator:
> we still run a Red Hat EL 6.x samba-3.6.9-151 PDC with domain login,
> roaming profiles, Windws 7 clients and LDAP back end.
>
> In the last couple of weeks we notice some unregular crashes with abrt
> reports. But as an university our RH subscription dose not include the
> full support.
>
> I cant see any changes to the installation or configuration which might
> have an influence to the chrashes.
>
> So any suggestion or help on debugging that problem is very appreciated.

please provide some more information to reduce the possible 75381 causes
for your problem to a smaller number ;-)

* Any messages/backtraces in the logs when the crash appears?

* What kind of crashes are these? Does only a user smbd process crashes?
Or do the parent smbd process die? Or maybe nmbd/winbindd?

* Can you try a self compiled version (preferred 3.6.18 if you want to
stay in the 3.6 tree)? Maybe the problem/bug is meanwhile fixed/gone.

* ...?

Regards,
Marc