[Samba] oplocks for Access DB

Tue Sep 3 03:22:18 MDT 2013

Hi!

On Tue, Sep 03, 2013 at 09:10:18AM +1200, sond wrote:
> Hi Folks
>
> First time poster here..
>
> I have a Samba 3.4.7 ( will upgrade soon ) in a workgroup enviroment,
> This server has a share containing various Access DB backends..
>
> Wondering about the .ldb lock files that the client front-ends
> produce.. and if the oplocks and veto options are still current ?
> as various combinations i have tried don't seem to work..
>
> Would be keen to hear how others handle Access back ends on Samba shares..

We believe that we handle oplocks and the real locks
correctly. But as those files are typically shared, oplocks
are usually lost quickly. So it should be okay to not grant
oplock files at all on those shared files.

What fails exactly?

With best regards,

Volker Lendecke

phone: +49-551-370000-0, fax: +49-551-370000-9
http://www.sernet.de, mailto:kontakt at sernet.de