[Samba] smbd looking for non existent files

steve steve at steve-ss.com
Mon Sep 2 16:19:10 MDT 2013

On Mon, 2013-09-02 at 23:02 +0200, Michael Wood wrote:
> Is the load the same even if you turn down the logging?

Yes, but don't rely on the 0.7%. It's a constant load but not exact. I'm
getting the figures by running 'top'. e.g. 18 clients produce a constant
load of 16%. I can see where you're coming from. If I log to the file
rather than tail -f in real time it's a bit better, but you need a lot
of clients to be able to notice it.

I've started replacing LXDE with KDE. It's slower, but we'll be able to
have all the clients connected at once. I've also tried asking on my
distro list. Nada.