[Samba] How to allow users to be local admin

Götz Reinicke - IT Koordinator goetz.reinicke at filmakademie.de
Mon Sep 2 06:43:09 MDT 2013

Hi,

it's some time that I had to touch our samba installation and may be
somewon can point me to the right direction.

We run a samba-3.6.9 PDC with ldap backend and windows 7 clients.
Everything for normal users is working fine (domain logon, roaming
profiles).

But now we'd like to enable our systemadministartors to login to any
workstation with there domain user and install software or do other
administrative things.

I'v read a bit about domian accounts and mappings. But I'm not sure
where to add or change what.

The admins affected are also in a special posix group.

There are also "Domain Admins" and "Administrators" posix groups and net
groupmap entries.

Would be great if some one can help me.

	Thanks and regards . Götz

--
Götz Reinicke
IT-Koordinator

Tel. +49 7141 969 82 420
Fax  +49 7141 969 55 420
E-Mail goetz.reinicke at filmakademie.de

Filmakademie Baden-Württemberg GmbH
Akademiehof 10
71638 Ludwigsburg
www.filmakademie.de

Eintragung Amtsgericht Stuttgart HRB 205016

Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: Jürgen Walter MdL
Forschung und Kunst Baden-Württemberg

Geschäftsführer: Prof. Thomas Schadt