[Samba] samba 4 classicupgrade w7 clients errors

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Sun Apr 28 19:11:07 MDT 2013

On Sun, 2013-04-28 at 14:31 +0200, Andreas Calvo wrote:
> I've changed some of my test users passwords, just to renew the password
> expiration date.
> I may check if they are still expired or if I have to set a new expiration
> policy.
> Is it set as a GPO or using the samba-tools?

Password expiry for the domain is applied using samba-tool:

samba-tool domain passwordsettings

As Samba can't read GPO files (but can serve them to clients), we don't
follow anything from the GPO.  The only exception is that if a windows
DC shares the domain, and it has the GPO files, it will 'fix' the
directory to match the GPO.

Andrew Bartlett