[Samba] Owner of samba share nobody nogroup

Steve Snedeker steve at imninjas.com
Mon Oct 29 10:39:40 MDT 2012

I am running Ubuntu 12.04 using winbind to connect to an Windows 2008 AD server. I use autofs to map the home directories, the only problem is the owner is reading nobody nogroup. Does anyone have any idea what I'm doing wrong? This worked in 10.10

Here are my config files. Let me know if you want to look at anything else.

smb.conf
-------
[global]
security = ads
realm = domain.com
password server = pdc.domain.com bdc.domain.com
workgroup = DOMAIN
idmap config * : backend = tdb
idmap config * : range = 10000-20000
idmap config DOMAIN : backend = rid
idmap config DOMAIN : range = 10000-20000
idmap config DOMAIN : base_rid = 0
winbind enum users = yes
winbind enum groups = yes
winbind refresh tickets = yes
template homedir = /vhome/%U
template shell = /bin/bash
client use spnego = yes
client ntlmv2 auth = yes
encrypt passwords = yes
winbind use default domain = yes
restrict anonymous = 2

/etc/auto.master
--------
+auto.master
/vhome /etc/auto.vhome

/etc/auto.vhome
--------
* -fstype=nfs4,rw,hard,intr nfs.domain.com:/&