[Samba] Compiling samba4 hangs at [1815/3978] Compiling librpc/ndr/ndr_basic.c

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Thu Oct 25 04:01:51 MDT 2012

On Thu, 2012-10-25 at 10:40 +0100, Innocent Yevide wrote:
> Strange, as I used centos 6.3 32 bit but have no this problem. I did
> several times recompile and it was ok. have you done make clean before
> recompiling may be?

I would urge anyone who can reproduce this *not* to just blow things
away with a make clean.  Somewhere here is either something very odd in
a file being written out by Samba, or a gcc bug, or (perhaps) a ccache
bug (if that's in use).

We still want to pin down exactly what is going wrong where, if at all
possible, so we can report it to the right upstream, or correct our
code.

Andrew Bartlett