[Samba] Ceph samba size reporting troubles

Michael Wood esiotrot at gmail.com
Wed Oct 24 08:26:42 MDT 2012

Hi

On 24 October 2012 15:41, alphe salas michels <asalas at kepler.cl> wrote:
> Dear developement team,
>
> I want to share a massive storage  casted with Ceph by samba with windows
> workstations.
>
> All works well. My problem so is that in windows the ceph storage size
> statistics are wrong. Instead of seeing a 44TB hard drive I see a 176GB hard
> drive.
>
> Under linux that issue doesn't show. The size are properly reported.
>
> I investigated around and it seems that the problem belongs in the unability
> for windows
> to treat blocksize over 65k and by default the block size is 4K.
>
> Don't know how you can solve that issue but I really need to get that
> working right.

I don't know if this will help, but it might be worth a try.  There's
a "dfree command" option that specifies a command to run to get the
free disk space:

http://www.samba.org/samba/docs/man/manpages-3/smb.conf.5.html#DFREECOMMAND

So if Windows doesn't like the block size, maybe you could lie about
the block size and then calculate the number of blocks based on the
fake block size.

There's also a "max disk size" option that may or may not make any difference:

http://www.samba.org/samba/docs/man/manpages-3/smb.conf.5.html#MAXDISKSIZE

--
Michael Wood <esiotrot at gmail.com>