[Samba] Ceph samba size reporting troubles

alphe salas michels asalas at kepler.cl
Wed Oct 24 07:41:53 MDT 2012

Dear developement team,

I want to share a massive storage  casted with Ceph by samba with
windows workstations.

All works well. My problem so is that in windows the ceph storage size
statistics are wrong. Instead of seeing a 44TB hard drive I see a 176GB
hard drive.

Under linux that issue doesn't show. The size are properly reported.

I investigated around and it seems that the problem belongs in the
unability for windows
to treat blocksize over 65k and by default the block size is 4K.

Don't know how you can solve that issue but I really need to get that
working right.

Thank in advance for your time and help.

--
signature

*Alphé Salas*
Ingeniero T.I

Descripción: cid:image001.gif at 01CAA59C.F14CE4B0*Kepler Data Recovery*

*Asturias 97, Las Condes**
Santiago- Chile**
*((*56 2) 362 7529*

asalas at kepler.cl