[Samba] mount.cifs: regular freezes with s3fs

steve steve at steve-ss.com
Thu Oct 18 12:11:07 MDT 2012

On 18/10/12 19:52, Jeff Layton wrote:
> On Thu, 18 Oct 2012 18:34:07 +0200
> steve <steve at steve-ss.com> wrote:

>>> When I click the above link I get:
>>>
>>> We can't find the page you're looking for. Check out our Help Center
>>> and forums for help, or head back to home.
>>>
>>> John
>>>

>> Sorry, It hadn't synced. It's there now.
>> Cheers,
>> Steve
>>

> In this one, I don't see any issues with oplock breaks. I also don't
> see any calls that are taking longer than expected. I do see a bunch of
> page-sized reads in the capture for what appear to be sequential reads.
> Reads also seem to be serialized, which is makes me think its falling
> into the readpage codepath.
>
> There were some fixes to rsize handling in later kernels, so it's
> probably worthwhile to test those before you do too much debugging.

Hi
I'm sure it's not a kernel issue:

S4 DC, s3fs file server (s3fs on the DC), kernel 3.4.6 -> Freezes
S4 DC, 3.6.3 file server, kernel 3.2.0 -> works fine
S4 DC, 3.6.7 file server, kernel 3.4.6, -> works fine

gives freezes under s3fs, works correctly.

The problem is different every time. Sometimes it hangs completely on
login, sometimes it logs in and then freezes for long periods.

Cheers,
Steve