[Samba] mount.cifs: regular freezes with s3fs

Jeff Layton jlayton at redhat.com
Thu Oct 18 11:52:21 MDT 2012

On Thu, 18 Oct 2012 18:34:07 +0200
steve <steve at steve-ss.com> wrote:

> On 18/10/12 18:28, John Drescher wrote:
> >> through user login, freeze (twice) and user logout until the login prompt
> >> returned:
> >> https://dl.dropbox.com/u/45150875/cifs-freeze2
> >>

> > When I click the above link I get:
> >
> > We can't find the page you're looking for. Check out our Help Center
> > and forums for help, or head back to home.
> >
> > John
> >

> Sorry, It hadn't synced. It's there now.
> Cheers,
> Steve

In this one, I don't see any issues with oplock breaks. I also don't
see any calls that are taking longer than expected. I do see a bunch of
page-sized reads in the capture for what appear to be sequential reads.
Reads also seem to be serialized, which is makes me think its falling
into the readpage codepath.

There were some fixes to rsize handling in later kernels, so it's
probably worthwhile to test those before you do too much debugging.

--
Jeff Layton <jlayton at redhat.com>