[Samba] access my created share in smb.conf Only by Ip

Rowland Penny rpenny at f2s.com
Wed Oct 17 06:26:58 MDT 2012

On 17/10/12 12:55, Mohammad Ebrahim Abravi wrote:
> Hello
>
> samba4 rc3
> *s4-ad -> samba server Host name
> test.s4.com -> domain name*
> *Dns Server -> Samba Internal DNS server , Bind 9.9.1-P2*
> *win xp*
>
> have access to default  share such as sysvol  by dns name (\\test.s4.com
> \sysvol)
>
> but if  created a share in smb.conf  Only access by IP such as :
>
> \\test.s4.com\myshare   ->  no  access and ask me for user and password !
> \\192.168.1.6\myshare  ->  access
>
> If using *s4-ad.test.s4.com* my share accessible !!!
>
> \\test.s4.com\myshare   ->  no  access !
> \\s4-ad.s4.com <http://test.s4.com>\myshare   ->  access !
>
> \\test.s4.com\sysvol   ->  access !
> \\*s4-ad* <http://test.s4.com>. <http://test.s4.com>test.s4.com\sysvol  ->
> access !
>
> Note:
> In *\\test.s4.com* seen all the shared directory, but not accessible
>
> in *samba alpha17* no need type *s4-ad*
>
> what happened ?
>
> This is  Bug in samba4 rc3 ?
>

> Thanks
Hi, this sounds like a dns problem, but how did you provision?
You posted:

*Dns Server -> Samba Internal DNS server , Bind 9.9.1-P2*

This could mean that you are using two DNS servers, the Samba internal
one AND bind.

Also, why do you keep posting questions twice, once here and also on the
samba-technical list?

Rowland

believed to be clean.