[Samba] [Announce] Samba 4.0.0rc3 Available for Download

steve steve at steve-ss.com
Wed Oct 17 03:37:44 MDT 2012

On 16/10/12 18:12, Michael Wood wrote:
> On 16 October 2012 15:10, steve <steve at steve-ss.com
> <mailto:steve at steve-ss.com>> wrote:
>
>     On 16/10/12 10:31, Karolin Seeger wrote:
>
>         Release Announcements
>         ---------------------
>
>         This is the third release candidate of Samba 4.0.
>

>     Hi
>     I've been updating from the v4-0-test branch and have landed at:
>     Version 4.0.0rc3-GIT-293b100
>
>     A git pull tells me that it is Already up to date.
>
>     To get rc3 do I have to download the tarball and rebuild?
>

> If you run the following you will see the rc3 tag:
>
> $ git tag | grep 4.*rc
> release-3-4-0rc1
> samba-3.4.0rc1
> samba-4.0.0rc1
> samba-4.0.0rc2
> samba-4.0.0rc3
>
> What you can do is create a new local branch pointing at samba-4.0.0rc3
> like this:
>
> $ git checkout -b v4.0.0rc3 samba-4.0.0rc3
> Switched to a new branch 'v4.0.0rc3'
>
> That should (unless I am mistaken) be identical to the tarball.
>
> If you want to switch back to the v4-0-test branch again later, just do
> this:
>
> $ git checkout v4-0-test

Hi
I get:
  git branch
   master
   v4-0-test
* v4.0.0rc3

and then an error:
git pull
There is no tracking information for the current branch.
Please specify which branch you want to merge with.
See git-pull(1) for details

     git pull <remote> <branch>

If you wish to set tracking information for this branch you can do so with:

     git branch --set-upstream v4.0.0rc3 origin/<branch>

I've tried reading man git and man git-pull but it's another project in
its own right:(

Is there anything simple I can do?
Cheers,
Steve